Dr. P. Athahar
Qualification : Ph.D. (Dravidian University)
Details of Educational Qualification:
|Course||Specialization||Group||College Name/University||Year of Passing|
|M.Phil.||African American Literature||M.Phil.||S. V. University||2000|
|B.Com.||Accounts||B.Com.||S. V. University||1992|
|S.No||Year||Title of the Book||Details of the book|
|1||2012||Expressionism in the plays of Eugene O’ Neill (as a Monologue)||Lap Lambert Academic Publishing, Germany, 80 pages, ISBN NO: 978-3-8484-1287-7|
|S.No||Year||Title of the Book||Details of the book|
|1||2008||Personality Development (a monthly Magazine)||Testing Scenario of the Corporate: increasing or detrementing the sources.|
|2||2009||O’ Nestham (fortnightly)||Chiranjeevi dhanyajeevi.|
|3||2009||Modern Fiction Studies (mfs)||Women Perspectives: A Study|
|4||2010||S.V University Journal of English Studies||Self and Identity in Toni Morrison Sula|
|5||2012||Persuasive facts about soft skills for management educators in the proceedings||National Conference held at Madanapalle Institute of Technology and Science.|
|6||2013||Assessing and Evaluating Continuous Professional Development||International Journal of English and Literature,Vol. 4(4), pp. 185-186, June, 2013; DOI: 10.5897/IJEL12.172, ISSN 1996-0816 © 2013 Academic Journals, ISSN(Print):2249-6912 ; ISSN(Online): 2249-8028 ; Impact Factor : 3.8526 Rated 3.03/5 (102 Votes).|
|7||2014||Research in Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences||Published a paper in American International Journal, Language teaching to professional students with rural background: a challenging task ISSN (Print): 2328-3734, ISSN (Online): 2328-3696, impact factor-5.80|
|8||2013||Salman Rushdie||Article published in the journal Literary Vibes, Vol II, Potential yet controversial: with focus on his religious perspectives.|
|9||2015||Feminist Aspects in the Novels of Toni Morrison.||paper published in the Proceedings of Sri Padmavathi Mahila University|
|10||2015||Rationale of English and Soft skills for Students of Higher Education||Published a Paper ,Code- 15415 in Global Journal of Interdisciplinary Social Sciences in Vol.4(4), August (2015).|
|11||2016||Innovative Concepts of Management; Best practices of an employer||Code- 16416 in Global Journal of Interdisciplinary Social Sciences in Vol.6(4)|
|4||2020||Irrevocable ethics in Rabindranath Tagore’s Nastanirh translated in to Charulatha by Sathyajit Ray||Published a Paper in volume.3. Issue 3, 2016 July-September in International Journal English Language, Literature and translation studies (IJELR). ISSN-2349. 9451. Impact Factor-4.36|
|S.No||Name of the Faculty||Title of the Project||Funding Agency||Amount Sanctioned||Reference Number||Duration||Status|
|1||Ms. P. Athahar||Rendition of English language in the Class rooms of Higher Education: A Study||UGC-SERO||2,70,000/-||MRP-4607/14 (SERO-UGC)||2014-16 (Two Years)||Completed|
Conferences & Workshops attended
- A Two Day Workshop on the topic, Post Modern and Post-Colonial Critical theories was conducted by the department of English, SPMVV, Tirupati on 10th& 11th November 2016.
- MHRD (Ministry of Human Resource Development) organized MDP on Enhancing Management and Administrative Effectiveness for Administrative Heads of Institutes of Higher Education at IIM Lucknow - Noida Campus during 5th October to 9th October 2015.
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) Train the Trainer workshop for three days from 25th May to 27th May 2015 at British Council in Chennai.
- A Two Day Women Leadership Summit on 'Co-Creating Diverse Leadership – Blueprint for Action' conducted by NHRDN held on 19- 20 March 2015.
- A Two Day Workshop on Train the Trainer organized by Department of English, Madanapalle Institute of Technology and and Science on 24th and 25th February 2015, under Teqip-II.
- Received certificate of appreciation in recognition of invaluable services as organizing committee member in conducting A One Day National Level Technical Symposium PHOTON for three successive years 2013, 14 and 15 organized by Basic Sciences and Humanities.
- Completed the Outcome Based Learning Work shop Organized by Bits Pilani, Hyderabad Campus from August 22-24, 2014.
- Participated in One Day National level work shop sponsored by Indian Society on National Education on Autonomous Status of Engineering Institutions-The Road Map held on 11th January 2013.
- A work shop on Women concerns on March 8th 2013 at Madanapalle Institute of Technology and Science, Madanapalle.
- Participated in a one day work shop on Communication skills in Vkrama simhapuri University on 14th February 2012.
- Certified as a Trainer of soft skills by Infosys, Hyderabad in the Campus connect Star Prime program conducted by Infosys for three successive days from 30th May to 1st June 2011.
- Organized a Work Shop on the Need and Importance of Soft Skills for engineering students in 2010 in the college.
- Conducted a Symposium on the topic The Crisis of Recession and its impact on India in 2009 in the college.
- A Seminar on the topic - Faculty development Program on “Instructional Design and Delivery System” in Chennai from 20th August to 22nd August 2008.
- Successfully finished FEP (Faculty Enablement Program) conducted in Chittoor by JKC / IEG (Jawaharlal Knowledge Centre/Institute of Electronic Governance) on Soft Skills from 26th November to 1st December 2007 and also been certified.
- Train the Trainer Programme on listening and speaking skills for select Degree College teachers at S. V. University, Tirupati from 26th to 30th June 2006, conducted by the APSCHE. (Andhra Pradesh State Council for Higher Education)
- Train the Trainer Programme on listening and speaking skills for select Degree College teachers at Sri Sai Baba National Degree College, Anantapur, from 27th September to 01st October 2005 conducted by the APSCHE. (Andhra Pradesh State Council for Higher Education)
- Completed 7 days National FDP on emerging trends of pedagogy in Language, Literature and Social Sciences from July 13 to July 19, 2020
- Participated in the International Faculty Development Programme on Research in Virtual World Jointly Organized by Department of English, Manav Rachna International Institute of Research and Studies, India, Cape Comorin Trust, India, Grand Academic Portal in Association (Gyan-Adhyanyan-Parampara), India and Lavender Literary Club, India from 01-07 September 2020.
- Participated in one day National Webinar on the impact of English on Employment organized by the department of English & F L on 16th of July 2020.
- Participated in two day National Webinar on Positivity and wellbeing during the pandemic organized by the department of English & F L on 16th of July 2020.
- Participated in three day FDP on E-Learning Management System by Yogi Vemana University during 29th June to 1st July 2020
- Participated in three day FDP on Promoting Critical Thinking and research Writing for Techers by the Dept. of English & F L during 3rd & 5th August 2020.
- Completed 7 days National FDP on Strategies, Methodologies and Creative Spark for everyone by the Dept. of English & F L during 21st to 23rd July 2020.
- Participated in one day international Webinar on uncertainty & fear of the new normal; mental health & counselling in the Indian context organized by the dept. of education on 28th July 2020 at St. Xavier college, Kolkata
- Participated in UGC recognized one day webinar on Instructional strategies on English Language Teaching organized by the dept. of English & F L on 26th March 2021 on virtual mode.
- Presented a paper on the topic Translation and Globalization in Two Day International Conference held at Periyar Maniammai Institute of Science and Technology, April 22.
- Attended & Participated in International Conference at Padmavathi Women’s University in 2012. Tirupati, A.P., Woman writers in English.
- Attended & Presented a paper titled Employee Involvement and Organizational Culture with registration number ICIMS14GM141 at the International Conference on Innovative Management Strategies organized by the Department of Management Studies during 7th and 8th of March, 2014.
- Attended & Presented a paper on Phonetics and Technology for English language teachers at CREC (Chadalawada Ramanamma Engineering College) 2010 Tirupati, A. P.
- Attended & Presented a paper on Rabindranath Tagore with the title Rabindranath Tagore in Translation: Nastanirh into Charulatha, in 2012 at S. V. University, Tirupati. The theme of the conference is, Rabindranath Tagore : A Sesque Centenary Rendezvous.
- Attended & Presented a paper on National Conference on innovative management strategies. Topic : Persuasive facts about soft skills for management educators in 2012.
- Attended & Presented a paper on Emerging Trends of Indian Writing in English in 21st Century, held in the Department of English, Sri Durga Malleswara Sidhartha Mahila Kalasala, Vijayawada on 1-2 August 2013. Topic : Social Perspectives of Mulk Raj Anand.
- S. V. University, Tirupati, MCA, Phonetics (Accent / Stress, Rhythm / Intonation) for two days.
- Golden Valley Engineering College, Madanapalle, Importance of soft skills and English language as a language of opportunities, for three hours.
- Adithya Engineering College, Madanapalle, Technical English for Engineering Students, for one day.
- NTR GOVT Degree College, Valmikipuram on 16-02 2014 for the students of I, II & III year Degree students on Communication Skills in English.