We propose the creation of MITS-DTS for "impact continuum", a Design Thinking Cell at our esteemed college aiming to foster creativity, innovation, and problem-solving skills among students. In response to the prevailing focus on traditional courses and theoretical learning, we believe that imparting a Design Thinking (DT) mindset through MITS-DTS can impart hands-on experiences, which are practical, innovative and entrepreneurial pursuits.
Design Thinking Studio
- Shift the emphasis from purely theoretical courses to practical, hands-on learning through design thinking principles.
- Act as a catalyst for creating out of box thinking by cultivating an innovative mindset among students.
- Lay a foundation for entrepreneurial culture in the ecosystem by encouraging creative problem-solving and solution-oriented thinking.
MITS-DTS aims to:
- Design thinking workshops tailored to bridge the gap between theoretical knowledge and practical application.
- Entrepreneurship-focused sessions highlighting how design thinking can be a framework (cornerstone) for startups.
- Mentorship programs connecting aspiring entrepreneurs with experienced professionals.
MITS-DTS aims to:
MITS-DTS envisions a dynamic and inclusive learning environment, where every student and faculty member is equipped with a Design Thinking mindset. We aspire to cultivate a community of innovators, who fearlessly embrace challenges, pioneer creative solutions, and contribute positively to the ever-evolving global landscape.
- To instill Design Thinking principles institute-wide, from freshmen to faculty, fostering a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Organizing tailored workshops, entrepreneurship sessions, and mentorship programs.
- To empower individuals to apply design thinking beyond the classroom, enriching their academic journey to preparing them for impactful roles in a rapidly changing world.
- To involve public participation in Community based innovations for community benefits. Emphasize the value of bringing people together to develop and generate new ideas in innovation processes.