The Department has grown from strength to strength since its inception in 2004. It offers 3 year MCA and 2 year MCA (Direct 2nd year) programmes. These programmes are fully governed by AICTE, New Delhi and affiliated to JNTU Ananthapuramu. The Department is dedicated to the mission of inculcating value-based, socially committed professionalism to the cause of overall development of students and society. It promotes the prime objective of educating and preparing students as dynamic, competent and knowledgeable professionals. Excellent academic results, high-end computer labs, well-defined and documented academic and administrative processes and student counselling sessions (personal and academic) are the core strengths of the department.
The Department obtained UGC-Autonomous Status in the year 2014 and is running the programmes successfully by meeting all the requirements. The College Academic Council, Board of Studies of the department strive to provide quality education and most advanced curriculum to make the students industry-ready and excel in the contemporary business world.
The department is frequently organizing Faculty Development Programs, Conferences, Seminars, Symposium and workshops on various emerging areas and technologies. The guest lectures are arranged, eminent professors and industry resource persons are invited from reputed IT industries, top ranked Universities. All the qualified and competent students are placed in renowned organizations, both national and international. Despite maintaining global standards in teaching and learning, successful placement in different renowned organizations and consistent 100% admission in the department are the hallmarks of the department.
The M.C.A. Programme under Department of Computer Applications was Accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) of All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
To be the source of producing competent computer application professionals in academic and research activities to serve the industry and society.
- M1 : To empower students with knowledge of computer applications through state-of-art infrastructure and curriculum.
- M2 : To groom students to become competent professionals in emerging technologies with industry specific programs.
- M3 : To inculcate ethical values, leadership and managerial skills in the students.
Goal of the Department
- To equip students with necessary skills to face the challenges of the computer world and to provide them with a strong academic foundation and practical competence, which will enable them to develop their analytical abilities and make them a great asset in every organization they work in.
- To offer adequate training to the professionals who are creative, versatile leaders with great ethical values principles and leadership qualities.
- To provide excellent learning opportunities as per the interests and requirements of the learners.
Head of the Department
Course Structure, Syllabus & Academic Regulations
Since inception in the year 2004, the department of computer applications earned its position
among highly placed computer applications departments.
The Department trains the students in both curricular and extra-curricular activities. The Department plays a vital role in organizing technical symposiums, workshops for both students and faculty. Guest faculty from reputed institutions in all the specializations are very frequently visiting the department to upgrade the students’ skill-set. Hence, the department of MCA is the center for all academic activities pertaining to the computer applications in the region of Rayalaseema.